Infrastructure Project Manager (Crypto Services)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position is with the Crypto Services team and is responsible for protecting some of the most sensitive data at Apple - cryptographic keys. This team runs Apple's PKI and provides highly available, fault-tolerant PKI and encryption services that are leveraged across various teams and support almost every Apple product including iPhone, iPad, Mac, Watch, Apple TV, iTunes, iCloud, App Store, Apple Pay, Apple ID, and more. We are looking for a highly motivated technical project manager who will lead projects for our infrastructure team. This individual will supervise daily management of infrastructure projects including networking, servers, storage, and security located in remote data centers. Prior hands-on experience building and maintaining such environments with a strong emphasis on security is required.
- Must be goal-oriented, highly motivated and able to work under minimal direction in a multi-functional environment at detailed levels
- Solid background in infrastructure project management including procurement, data center operations, & environment validation
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity; drive transparency
- Effective presentation, oral, and written business interpersonal skills with various audiences and levels
- Able to efficiently interact, influence and communicate at various levels of the organization
- Effective decision-maker - balance risks and benefits for the overall good of Apple
- 7+ years of combined experience in systems administration and project management
The Infrastructure Project Manager will manage action items, prepare documentation, successfully communicate project status, and handle risk. This is a hands-on position where the Project Manager will be involved in analysis, testing, proof-of-concept, management of deliverables across the team. Lead multiple cross-functional projects by providing project leadership and daily management through the project life cycle Handle all aspects of project information including timelines, prioritization, scope and definition Resolve multi-functional and business issues Actively seek problem resolutions Build positive relationships with multi-functional internal organizations Navigate and execute in an environment of ambiguity and lead teams to the successful delivery of solutions
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer Science or related field with 5-7 years or equivalent experience. Project management certification (PMP) a plus.