Business Development Partner Manager - Apple Media
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
Come be a part of one of the fastest growing businesses at Apple! Apple’s Internet Software & Services team is seeking an experienced, thoughtful and entrepreneurial individual with a passion for media and entertainment to help massively grow its services business, including Apple Music, News+, Arcade, and TV+ through the 3rd party Retail Channel! You will be supporting the IS&S team’s global growth efforts with a focus on developing new partnership opportunities, negotiation of deal framework and terms, and managing existing strategic partners. In collaboration with Apple’s engineering, marketing, and legal teams, you’ll develop solutions for some of the most complex partnership challenges. The role requires a highly motivated and experienced team player with great attention to detail who is able to work with multiple internal and external teams to meet hard deadlines. The candidate needs to be a self-starter, and able to develop and manage partnerships with 3rd parties to distribute and market Apple’s media and entertainment services.
- Minimum 15 years of meaningful industry work experience in running or selling value-added services and/or promotional bundles to third parties.
- Deep understanding of the VAS and OTT landscape.
- Experience in retail/e-tail marketing and/or customer loyalty programs a bonus.
- Strong business network at senior Executive level.
- Consistent record of successful negotiation with both 3rd parties and cross-functionally within a large business structure.
- Passion, energy and drive to develop and grow a multi-million dollar business program globally.
- Extraordinary business development and partnership management track record.
- Strong command of business and financial modeling.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management capability with exceptional attention to detail.
Help to build business models and programs that help partners to achieve their business goals. Lead negotiations with distribution partners to ensure that Apple’s services are made available to large volumes of customers and marketed in accordance with Apple’s high standards. Work with business management teams to negotiate terms with music rights holders that enable the partnerships. Lead project management activities for integrating partners into the Apple’s services platform. Lead the ongoing commercial relationships with partners including reporting, analysis and contract renegotiations.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree required; MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
- The role involves significant travel.