Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Retail Store Apps team is looking for an experienced Engineering Project Manager capable of leading multiple initiatives of varying scale and complexity. As an EPM, you will be at the forefront of delivering solutions that support our Retail Store teams in delivering outstanding customer experiences. EPMs facilitate great communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, they will drive day-to day program activities, system release planning, execution & risk assessments to meet overall program objectives for development projects. The successful candidate requires excellent analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills along with a passion for customer experience.
- 10+ years of industry experience & project management experience.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Experience project managing sophisticated, cross-functional projects.
- Phenomenal attention to detail.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaboration: You are able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities.
- You exhibit a deeply curious attitude about new ideas.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Ability to build and execute plans in ambiguous settings.
- Good understanding of software development methodologies.
You'll lead multi-functional development teams and work with partners across the organization. You'll improve the product development cycle by looking for patterns, offering standard methodologies and implementing change to ensure tight coordination and communication.
Education & Experience
BS/MS degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Define, manage and supervise development schedules and execution.
- Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks.
- Communicate status and the big picture to the project team and management.
- Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status.
- Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently.
- Understanding of software development and strong interest in user experience is a requirement.