Engineering Program Manager (EPM) - Retail and Event Product Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple we believe our products begin with our people. We have a diverse and smart team that drives creative thought. By giving the team the resources they need to be leaders in innovation, we are also successful at driving precision. Through our collaborative process we create memorable experiences for our customers. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of an Engineering Project Management Team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? Apple is seeking an EPM to join the Retail and Events Product design team. This diverse team integrates hardware solutions for retail spaces and special Apple events, like new product announcements, developer conferences, and store openings. These solutions are crafted to produce the best possible first customer experience and introduction to Apple products.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment and self-motivation to identify and drive resolution of issues across multiple projects.
- Ability to lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity.
- Computer industry experience not required. Serious consideration will be given to qualified candidates with engineering fundamentals.
- You must be able to travel internationally.
• Developing project schedules and managing development activities. • Defining project scope and driving alignment throughout development. • Identifying and directing all resources required to execute successful projects. • Executing project builds and coordinating cross functional validation testing prior to mass production. • Collaborating and facilitating communication across a variety of cross functional teams and OEM partners to meet aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals. • Filtering and distilling relevant information for appropriate audiences. • Understanding technical issues and driving them to closure in a timely manner by bringing together key partners for decision-making. • Providing project status across a wide spectrum of individuals, including executives. • Traveling both domestically and internationally to piece part and assembly vendors to drive schedule and builds.
Education & Experience
• 2+ years of Project/Program management experience. • Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering is preferred. • MBA and/or PMP certification preferred. • Mandarin fluency is a bonus.
- • Mandarin fluency is a bonus.