Senior Financial Analyst, Services Infrastructure Finance
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have an important role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. Services Infrastructure Finance (part of the larger team supporting App Store, iCloud, Maps, etc.) is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support our Apple iCloud and Media Products Engineering team. Along with a strong analytical mentality, this role will require a significant amount of partnering, both with the business and with our internal finance teams.
- The successful candidate will have 7-10 years of experience, welcomes change, is curious to discover approaches to challenging issues, takes on problem solving with a positive attitude and is self-motivated to complete challenging tasks
- Naturally curious and enjoys the unknown and ambiguity, with the ability to think independently along with limited instruction
- Able to translate financial analytics into clear and insightful recommendations for business partners
- Genuine interest in iCloud, Media, and related technologies
- Strong sense of team
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Navigate deadlines and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong Excel skills, experience with enterprise software systems (SAP) and databases preferred
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- REQUIRED SKILLS: Candidate needs excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical/problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with cross-functional teams across many levels of management. Strong background in Accounting and Finance with experience managing operating expenses.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, looking at this role as an opening to a long-term career opportunity. Able to take initiative and work independently. Excellent analytical skills and a strong desire to apply out of the box thinking to new situations. Ability to prioritize and respond quickly as well as work under pressure. The Analyst will need to partner extensively with the iCloud and Media Product business teams to understand their drivers and challenges all while continuing to discover and drive efficiencies. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: OPEX and OCOGS Budgeting, Forecasting and Close - Develop monthly forecast and annual budget based on comprehensive financial models and insights from business partners - Understand the business spend requirements and guide business partners to make the most effective spending decisions - Analyze and track headcount, variable and fixed expenses associated with the iCloud and Media Product businesses - Provide management reporting to enable the business partners to handle their budgets and headcount in accordance with Plan - Support Forecast & Close review with Services Infrastructure Finance leadership - Drive quarterly reviews with the business teams - Manage purchase requisitions to ensure correct application of project/GL codes while ensuring compliance with Indirect Procurement requirements - Create accruals for monthly and quarterly Close, ensuring adherence to SOX requirements for substantiation of accruals - Partner with Data Center Capex Analysts on allocation methodology and execution BUSINESS ANALYTICS - Identify and analyze optimization opportunities within iCloud and Media Product business model - Work closely with other members of Services Infrastructure Finance and the business partners to analyze other key business drivers
Education & Experience
BS/BA Business, Finance, Accounting We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. You will be part of building an extraordinary team. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.