AppleCare Digital Business Affairs
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
AppleCare Digital is Apple’s support team that creates digital content across various platforms. We develop and lead all aspects of all of AppleCare’s online content to ensure customer understanding of Apple’s hardware, software, and services! The Business Affairs role in AppleCare Digital (ACD) is to lead and guide the ACD teams in the development and execution of ‘how to’ content to ensure Apple is operating within legal guidelines and managing the rights for third-party content, releases, and legal agreements. In this role, you will be instrumental in mitigating Apple’s risk while maintaining content integrity in order for the brand to educate current and potential customers today and in the years to come!
- Business Affairs experience on an advertising, digital, licensing, or production team within a company or agency.
- Extensive experience negotiating rights, analyzing risk, and developing process regarding contract and licenses.
- Demonstrated understanding of talent likeness requirements as they pertain to digital platforms and production shoots.
- Understanding of rights and clearances, marketing legal, and ability to be a reliable partner to the creative and production teams.
- Ability to lead conversations around the legality of the work with a wide range of people in different subject areas and at different levels.
- Expertise in partnering with and building positive relationships across functions in a large organization.
This role reports into the AppleCare Digital Business Affairs group and partners closely with Marcom Business Affairs and Legal teams. The primary focus will be to oversee ACD content, including third-party assets and negotiating talent and music rights, while working with creative and production teams to plan, inform, track and advise on new and existing assets. Liaison with Marcom Business Affairs team for third-party assets, manage leveraged assets within internal rights management systems, and ensure that assets are tracked, shared across creative fields, and accurately distributed. Maintain a highly collaborative attitude, keep communication flowing efficiently to ensure rights are secured, and react quickly to new information, opinions, and direction. Provide a BA perspective and counseling on a wide variety of matters, including trademark and copyright, and liaison with the appropriate Apple Legal when vital to mitigate risk. Responsible for negotiating and managing talent for recording and photoshoot sessions, and review props, wardrobe, and locations from a BA perspective. Contribute to the development of BA processes, procedures, and maintain releases, and trackers, and manage special projects when needed. Manage the review of materials across ACD, identify rights and clearance issues, facilitate communication between multiple partners across the company, and provide strategic options to internal teams. Partner with the ACD creative, production, and strategy teams to build digital content at Apple’s high standards.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree required.