Hardware System Integrator - Audio Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Audio Products team is searching for self driven, passionate electrical engineers for the role of Hardware System Integrator. This is a unique position allowing ownership of all things "EE" about a product, from architecture to component selection, schematic capture and board layout to validation and manufacturing. Our products are on the cutting edge in every way: integration, connectivity, power consumption, fabrication, reliability, manufacturing scale, and design. Play a significant role in the development of Apple products, interfacing with virtually every team involved in the process: - Product Design / Mechanical Engineering - Firmware - iOS - Acoustics - Industrial Design - EMC, Reliability, Operations, etc.
- Must have great EE fundamentals. This means you have a deep understanding of why our discipline works the way it does; you've developed an intuition and can apply it to new topics because you understand the basics.
- Must have hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification. You have an ability to go learn how to quantify and test new technologies.
- Experience designing high volume products from beginning to end and dealing with contract manufacturers is a huge bonus.
- Experience in low power embedded systems, from 8-bit and 16-bit micro-controllers to multi-core ARM based SoC’s, is extremely beneficial. Every µA is sacred.
- Experience in the following areas is desired: processor selection, various communication protocols (especially USB, SPI, I2C and UART), analog design and analysis, audio system design and measurement, sensor design & integration, and low power circuit design
- Experience in the following areas is especially desirable: DC/DC power design, Bluetooth & WiFi radio integration and video electronics design
Collaboration across teams is a key component of success at Apple. The right candidate will thrive in that type of environment. The position is based in Cupertino at Apple's headquarters. Some international travel is required, as our teams go on-site for manufacturing support to ensure success. It's one of the most exciting aspects of the job. Architecture development and review Component selection and maintaining vendor relationships Schematic capture and review Manage PCB layout with our team of designers Validation planning and execution, utilizing local and CM resources to execute deep and detailed validation. Custom silicon specifications and validation, from simple glue logic to multi-core ARM SoC's.
Education & Experience