Site Reiliability Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Self-service Engineering team is looking for Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) to help build and be responsible for the applications that millions of customers use every day. We are hiring qualified engineers with a diverse set of skills for a position in Apple's public facing support sites team. The strongest applicant will have both Linux / Systems expertise and Software Development skills. Our customers count on us to provide outstanding availability, scalability and performance. This is your opportunity to do something extraordinary. Do you like the idea of running global applications that are used by millions of hardworking people around the world? Are you up to the challenge?
- Have a passion for automation by creating tools using Python, Java or bash
- Experience deploying and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker or other container orchestration framework
- Experience managing infrastructure in AWS
- Experience in Database technologies - MongoDB, Oracle
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting complex production issues
- Expert understanding of Unix/Linux based operating system
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be adapt at prioritizing multiple issues in a high pressure environment
- Should be able to understand sophisticated architectures and be comfortable working with multiple teams
- Ability to conduct performance analysis and troubleshoot large scale distributed systems
- Should be highly proactive with a keen focus on improving uptime availability of our mission-critical services
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment while continuously evaluating emerging technologies
- The position requires solid knowledge of secure coding practices and experience with the open source technologies
Manage production, staging, test and development environments for a myriad of applications in an agile and multifaceted organization. You are an independent problem-solver who is self-directed and capable of exhibiting deftness to balance multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner. Provide incident resolution for all technical production issues. Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation reflecting configuration, and responsible for writing justifications, training users in complex topics, writing status reports, detailing procedures, and interacting with other Apple staff and management. Provide guidance to improve the stability, security, efficiency and scalability of systems. Determine future needs for capacity and investigate new products and/or features. Strong troubleshooting ability will be used daily; will take steps on their own to isolate issues and resolve root cause through investigative analysis in environments where the candidate has little knowledge/experience/documentation. Administer and ensure the proper execution of the backup systems. Provide 24x7 on-call support to handle urgent critical issues.
Education & Experience
BS in computer science with 7-10 years or MS plus 5-7 years experience or related experience.
- Experience with big data technologies - hadoop, Solr
- Experience in Queuing technologies - Kafka
- Experience in Caching technologies - Redis
- Exeprience in Workflow and data pipeline orchestration (Airflow,Oozie,Jenkins etc.)
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.