Partner Engineer - Media
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you thrive on variety, collaboration, and facilitating solutions to hard software engineering challenges and want to continually apply the best practices of your craft with peers from multiple areas of Software Development across multiple internal and external partners? Partner Engineering - Media is a role focused on improving our media ecosystem. Some of the ways it can be improved is by working closely with our partner external software developers, helping them land technology transitions and stay modern with platform best practices. In the Media space this includes DAWs, DRM, Plugins, Kernel extensions, and DriverKit. We collaborate with internal and 3rd party engineering teams on building new features, making modifications necessary to existing features and resolving blocking issues in the ecosystem.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, specifically with operating systems
- Strong programming language skills (pointers, memory management, algorithms) and language skills C, Objective C, or C++
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a requirement due to the high level of interaction with internal and external engineering teams & management
- Experience with Audio, Plugins, DAWs, DRM
On the Developer Ecosystem Engineering team, partner engineers help analyze partners products and recommend technical optimizations and best practice to take advantage of our shifting technology space. We host developers for in-person sessions to unblock technical roadblocks and accelerate development. We are a resource for external partners and internal teams for advocating/implementing changes to improve the ecosystem. This is often focused on new, in development technologies. We may transition between multiple platforms as external teams challenges shift, problems arise on iOS or macOS variants of our partners products. We use this as an opportunity to further our own knowledge, solve a real problem in the ecosystem and feed these problems back into Apple to make something a little better the next time around!
Education & Experience
BS/MS, preferably Computer Science or related experience
- Experience in macOS or iOS programming at the application, framework, audio and kernel levels a strong plus
- Experience with platform-specific debugging tools (lldb, dtrace, etc.) a plus
- Good practical experience in debugging and debugging tools