Finance Operations Manager – Apple Pay
Austin, Texas, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’ has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading services and customer experiences. We invite you to join us in that journey. We are seeking a Finance Operations Manager to support operational workstreams across programs. This role requires you to deeply understand launching and sustaining Apple Pay programs globally as well as dealing with external partners. We need a leader with vision who will develop a scalable solutions by identifying key opportunities to build and optimize the finance-related workstreams. The team needs a self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a global, matrix, fast-paced environment. Previous team management experience is helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Proven experience building and running high-performance teams.
- Passion for automating and improving processes, and the drive to adopt the latest technology tools.
- Flexible and have an open working style, with an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility.
- Can influence decisions, introduce new ideas, and lead change through collaboration, and leadership.
- We are looking for high level of integrity, passion in providing this vital service to the platform and sense of urgency to “make things happen”.
Lead global finance-related workstreams with partners in the areas of billing, invoicing, international expansion across the Apple Pay platform. Track and lead tax, sales org, business entity, SAP system updates and projects in the markets in which we operate. Engage with colleagues across the regional business operations teams in order to educate and transition key activities for ongoing support. Engage with cross-functional teams (e.g. Finance, Global Business Systems, Tax/Treasury, Legal, Business Development) to facilitate the program. Run change. Work side by side with your partners to find opportunities to automate, streamline, and optimize processes and tools effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach. Synthesize complex issues into a clear story and/or assess operational opportunities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or other quantitative field 8-10 years + experience in Finance Operations. Solid ability to lead a team and operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrixed organization.