Wireless Software Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about innovation that can enrich user experience and delight customers? Do you get excited with constant challenges and thrive in a culture of debate? Wireless Technology and Ecosystem Organization is seeking an experienced Cellular Modem Physical Layer Firmware Lead Engineer with good background in wireless systems. The hiring team is responsible for all aspects of Physical layer and Layer-1 software commercialization in Apple’s cellular products. As part of this world class team, you will help commercialize cutting edge wireless technologies in Apple products. The position demands expertise in all aspects of embedded cellular firmware development and requires close collaboration with cross functional hardware and software teams.
- Minimum of 5 years experience designing and/or developing software for embedded systems.
- Good understanding of 5G and 4G 3GPP protocols across Access Stratum and Non Access Stratum.
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of C and C++, compilers, build and source code control tools
- Proficiency debugging embedded software systems.
- Python or Perl scripting experience is a plus
- Good analytical, problem solving and resolution skills.
Apple’s Cellular Software team is seeking talented, highly motivated and disciplined engineers to work across layers on groundbreaking cellular technologies. The position involves identifying and/or developing core cellular technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines. This team takes pride in not just coming up with proven software designs but also in disrupting traditional models of the cellular ecosystem. We do whatever it takes to bring user experience to the next level. Our members enjoy the flexibility to work on all aspects of Cellular Protocol software - PHY/MAC/RLC/PDCP/NAS and iOS interfaces, to come up with the best possible solution for any given problem.
Education & Experience
Masters degree in CS/EE or equivalent.