3D Perception/Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Video Computer Vision organization is working on exciting technologies for future Apple products. Our focus is on ML based solution around real time image and video. We have contributed to the FaceID and FaceKit project in the past and more recently the new LIDAR iPad sensor. We are looking for the right Engineer to help us take our efforts to the next level. In this role, you will work together with similar minds in a unique development team where your skills and expertise will be put into the Apple products. This role is highly multi-functional and you will work very closely with various highly skilled software development / ML teams developing groundbreaking algorithms.
- Solid foundation in computer vision; key areas of interest include object detection, tracking and recognition; multiple view geometry, 3D computer vision and SfM/SLAM; activity recognition
- Deep understanding of machine learning technology and experience on turning machine learning technologies into practical, state-of-the-art systems
- Solid C/C++ and system building skills
- Passion on cutting edge computer vision/machine learning technologies and product delivery
- Self motivated
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Video engineering group is looking for a computer vision algorithm engineer. In this position, you will work together with similar minds in a unique research and development team where your skills and expertise will be put into future Apple products. In this role, you will create new models and algorithms, and actively engage with the academic community.
Education & Experience
PhD in computer vision, robotics or machine learning; alternatively a comparable industry career, with significant experience on delivering products using state-of-the-art computer vision, machine learning and robotics technologies.