Technical Program Manager, Internet Services for China
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
China is one of Apple’s largest and most important markets for Internet Services. We are looking for a great Senior Program Manager to manage technical projects and help drive the growth of our Internet Services in China. We are looking for a Technical Program Manager with a proven track record of leading, owning, and delivering complex technical projects under demanding timelines. Our China programs are a blend of technical, business, operations, product, finance, legal, and physical infrastructure! You are expected to build relationships, drive work, and influence outcomes in all of those areas. This is not an engineering role, but you are expected to drive and influence engineering work across the company. You need to be comfortable engaging with software engineering teams on technical topics across client, server, and infrastructure.
- At least 5 years of technical program or project management, product management, or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical proficiency required. Development experience is a big plus.
- Experience building relationships internally and externally. International experience is highly desirable.
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive. Naturally accountable and responsible.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Proficiency in English. Mandarin and written Simplified Chinese is a plus.
This is a hands-on position. You will be involved in creating requirements, proposing architecture, reviewing designs, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. While this is not a people manager role, you are encouraged to demonstrate leadership quality. You need to be able to communicate, demonstrate judgment, and build credibility at every level of the organization. You are expected to build and own external relationships, and expertly represent Apple and our interests. Strong fundamentals are a must, but you must have more! You take ownership; you feel a personal stake in your projects; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you handle conflict; you need to know how things work; you work for the success of the entire ecosystem; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have judgment and make decisions; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you see around corners; and you deliver.