Environment, Health and Safety Lead - Physical Safety
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products! Apple is looking for a collaborative, highly organized professional to serve as an Environment, Health and Safety Lead, supporting Corporate functions. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of occupational health and safety requirements and workplace evaluation as well as a knowledge of applicable regulations and laws. A proven track record of effectively interacting and influencing senior management is essential.
- 7+ years EHS experience
- Highly motivated and self managing
- A people oriented leadership style that thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- A proactive, assertive, sense of urgency to problem solving
- Ability to lead multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Develop, implement and maintain physical safety programs and training. - Provide physical safety subject matter expertise support for: contractor safety management, personal protective equipment reviews, hazard assessments, incident investigations, workplace safety inspections, emergency response, electrical safety, control of hazardous energy (LOTO), fall protection, hot work, powered industrial trucks, mobile elevating work platforms, pressure vessels, heat illness prevention, crane safety and confined space safety - Develop, maintain and implement written environmental, health & safety programs, tools, and materials for the local campus as well as global team - Maintain positive relationships with EHS regulatory agencies for the facility, manage permits, regulatory inspections, and incident reporting - Conduct safety evaluations (e.g. routine inspections, indoor air quality assessments, chemical reviews) and incident investigations in a variety workplace settings including but not limited to office spaces, laboratories and kitchens - Collaborate with EHS team partners on design reviews, construction safety and equipment safety reviews - Partner with Facilities, Project Management, Human Resources, Security, Wellness, and BUs to develop and implement EHS policies, procedures and standards - Support Corporate EHS initiatives, including EHS metrics reporting and audits
Education & Experience
- BA or BS program in a relevant EHS discipline
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.