Software Engineer - DevOps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! We are a diverse collection of problem solvers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in best user friendly efficient way. Apple is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Today, the Retail Engineering provides one of the best Apple Experience to Customers in the world, and operates in multiple countries worldwide. We at the Retail store apps Cloud and Infrastructure engineering team strive to create and support tools and systems that enable our engineers to develop and publish software in a reliable and repeat-able way. We are looking for a hardworking software engineer to join our team and help us build the next generation of tools that becomes the foundation of our cloud portfolio. Are you a lifelong learner? Do you have a passion for building tools and automation? Come and join us in a fun-loving, highly motivated team and be a part of Apple’s WW retail journey.
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming & concurrent systems
- Production experience with developing web services based on REST standards (preferably in Java)
- Experience working with web servers such as Tomcat, Spring Boot, Jetty, Nginx (preferably all)
- Sound knowledge and experience of relational and nosql datastores (e.g. Oracle, Couchbase, Cassandra)
- Sound knowledge on streaming solutions (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Knowledge on Version Control Systems (GIT, SVN), build tools (e.g. Maven, Gradle, NPM, GoDep) and CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins / Travis CI/ Circle CI)
- Knowledge on Linux based platforms, and Scripting in Shell/Python
- Detailed understanding of containerization and cluster management technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Expertise with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or similar.
- Experience with Golang or strong desire to learn
At Retail store apps team, we build and manage large scale web and iOS applications that are used by Apple retail store employees world wide. As we expand our presence from Apple Data center to other cloud providers, we are looking for a hard working and highly motivated software engineer to help us in this journey - Should have the ability to work in a fast-paced, mission critical environment - While the candidate will write a fair amount of code, a lot of our work will also involve operationalizing and integrating systems to get continuous delivery pipeline kicking in. - Work closely with development and QE team to understand their needs and provide constant feedback to the partners - Identify performance bottlenecks by working closely with development team and help in designing fault-tolerant and resilient applications - Automate things rather than doing them twice. - Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a requirement
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.