Senior Financial Analyst, AppleTV+
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you'll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple's growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. Finance is critical to upholding our dedication to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company's future. Join us, and you'll have an important role in continuing Apple's legacy of efficiency and success. This is an exciting opportunity, rich in analysis and critical in supporting the integrity of financial reporting. This role will report to the Head of Financial Planning and will manage the financial reporting across Video Programming Finance. This includes but is not limited to financial reporting, review of journal entries and responding to audit requests. As this is a startup initiative within Apple inc. the right person for this role will be hands on and should be able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while juggling multiple priorities.
- 5+ years of strong accounting/finance experience required
- Television production or entertainment (ASC 926 or ASC 920) experience preferred
- Proven track record of financial analysis
- Experience with SAP, Essbase and advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
- Exceptionally detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects, grasp new concepts, problem solve
- Ability to work comfortably with high level of ambiguity and complexity
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Lead overall financial close process; including but not limited to communication of deliverables, ensuring completeness of journal entries, and preparation of all flash and close corporate submissions - Prepare quarterly consolidated reporting package, across P&L and Cashflow at a by-title level - Manage all internal and external audit requests - Maintain and update key processes and controls documentation, as needed - Interpret complex contractual arrangements and advise on accounting treatment - Collaborate with wider finance team to ensure transactions are accounted for in accordance with GAAP - Ensure business compliance with policies and procedures as required by Sarbanes Oxley - Validate and monitor all master data requirements to support business transactions - Aid in the implementation, design and testing of IS&T projects to support business growth - Contribute to ad-hoc financial analysis as needed by business
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.