U.S. Government Field Marketing Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. Apple is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated individual to join the WW Government team. In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to the creation and execution of field marketing programs and events to support pipeline and demand generation, and to accelerate our government sales and marketing momentum for Apple’s U.S. government sales teams. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of the government customer base, and have both sales and marketing experience.
- 7-12 years of experience leading field marketing programs tailored specifically for government, or similar experience working with sales organizations and field marketing teams.
- Deep understanding of government buying priorities and procurement cycles at the Federal, State and Local levels; creation of content/messaging targeted at each.
- Previous experience in sales, marketing, communications and stakeholder analysis, and sales enablement preferred.
- Passion for Apple technology and knowledge of Apple products and solutions for Government.
- Ability to proactively establish rapport, credibility, influence, and drive results throughout an organization at all levels, across many functions, in a highly-matrixed organization.
- Experience delivering measurable results, and presenting those results to executive leadership.
- Resourceful, creative, and detail-oriented with exceptional communications and organizational skills; strong public-speaking and the ability to facilitate meetings and trainings preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and also execute under tight timelines.
As a U.S. Government Field Marketing Specialist, you will deliver a wide range of demand generation activities targeted towards government customers, including events, conferences, campaigns, multi-customer briefings, and collateral development. You will creatively innovate and design new approaches for demand generation, communications, and sales enablement. Success requires close partnership with a variety of cross-functional Apple partners to effectively deliver the highest quality and highest impact resources. In this position, you will: - Develop and execute a comprehensive field marketing plan that aligns with the worldwide and US government strategy, sales objectives, and drives awareness and demand for government customers. - Collaborate with Enterprise Field Marketing Managers and Teams on approaches and deliverables. - Work with partners on strategy development to drive demand with government customers and support the sales teams. - Lead all aspects and details of field marketing events, including coordinating content development, messaging, logistics, budgeting, and vendor management. - Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and consistent messaging across events and marketing campaigns. - Ensure corporate marketing priorities, messages, and the use cases are showcased in programs and events. - Measure success by reporting on leads generated, contribution to sales pipeline, and revenue growth attributed to field marketing events and programs. - Have a deep understanding of the Apple Government sales leaders, sales teams, and sales process. - Maintain a deep expertise of the government market worldwide: customer profiles, market landscape, challenges, market messages, and competitive issues. - Research and explore new ideas to innovate and improve demand generation, internal communications, and sales enablement resources.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.