Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group ensuring the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. We are looking for a Senior Embedded software Engineer for the PMU and Power Systems Team. In this role, you will be an individual contributor developing embedded software solutions for our current and future products. What you could do here? At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Extensive experience designing, developing and testing embedded software using C/C++.
- A fundamental knowledge of embedded processors, with in-depth knowledge of real time operating system concepts.
- Experience with micro-controller peripherals including SPMI, I2C/SMBus, serial port, SPI, and ADC converters.
- Ability to comprehend hardware specs and schematics.
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver proven work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
We are looking for an extraordinary software engineer to lead, design and implement PMU software features in Apple products. You will work with Hardware, Systems and other cross-functional teams and lead the SoC bring-up and development of PMU and power systems related features from pre-silicon to commercialization. The position requires high level thinking to architect code solutions along with low level programming and excellent communications and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Working on this technology you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the implementation and quality of Apple's next generation products. Our environment fosters innovation and rapid product iteration within a creative solution space.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering with 5 years of experience. Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering with 3 years of experience
- Experience in silicon and pre-silicon bring-up.
- Experience with debuggers such as gdb, lldb, etc.
- Experience with code management tools such as Git, CVS, SVN, or Perforce.
- Hands on experience with test equipment including scopes, analyzers, and multi-meters.
- Experience writing scripts in languages such as Python, Perl, or Tcl.