Senior Software Engineer-Streaming Media
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
What happens when the world’s most innovative engineers collaborate with the world’s most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. Meet the reinventors: The Apple TV Services teams created and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch their favorite shows, movies, and so much more — including everything they love from the major subscription services. Today, these teams also manage one of the most exciting new realms at Apple: They bring viewers the critically acclaimed and award-winning Apple Originals in Apple TV+. And they’ve engineered it so Apple TV+ can be enjoyed not only on Apple devices, but also directly on many new televisions and third-party streaming devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, these engineers employ talent and tools to smoothly ingest and process a wide array of media assets. They work cross-functionally to handle video flow from content ingestion, playback, transcoding, and virtually everything else it takes to make the experience as seamless as possible. Join them to see what else is possible.
- You have been shipping production code for over 5 years
- Strong skills in C++
- Experience in Node.js
- Deep understanding of Oauth
- Some experience in web development including HTML5 Video
- Experience with apple related development like Swift or Objective-C
- Deep understanding of multi-threaded apps and asynchronous code
- Familiarity with tvOS or IOS development
- Familiarity with HLS.JS or similar video player technology
- Experience developing for TV platform is a plus
- Experience in a CI/CD development project
- Experience with Ubuntu
- Working with docker containers
- Previous experience debugging for performance especially related to video/audio
- An attitude of making things happen and owning any hurdles in your way
- You get to work with a group of engineers who are totally passionate about impacting the future of how our audience consume TV and of impacting the positive experience for those users as an Apple employee.
Drawing on your extensive experience delivering streaming media applications across a broad array of device types and media formats, you will be part of a team of engineers to expand Apple’s media device footprint. You will be working closely with the top media technology platforms and partners applying current and emerging technologies to achieve the user experience customers expect from Apple. You are comfortable working with a broad group of internal and external multi-functional teams, with competing goals, because you know how to create win/win environments that ultimately result in everyone rallying together to deliver the best experience for our shared customers. You’ll be working in a cross platform group driving new development across a range of Hardware and integrating your software with a varied and talented group of Apple teams that make up the core of the Music and Video services. We are looking for people who can express passion around what they are working on and get excited about the in home user experience. This engineer will have a deep wonder for technology at large with a thirst to explore and find the best and optimal ways to deliver on our roadmaps. The ability to multi task between the various layers of the client stack and the complex nature of those stacks is an excellent skill to bring to the team.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent work experience