AR Technical Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a Technical Designer who tackles challenges in an evolving domain? In this role you will play a significant role in cross-functional collaborations with artists, designers and developers. You'll partner with an extraordinary team of artists and engineers to build the next technological revolution. You will create and contribute to innovative solutions for content production for AR and VR experiences. This role requires an understanding of realtime interaction concepts and an ambition to produce visually stunning and compelling interactive 3D content while navigating through unique technical challenges!
- Proficiency in at least one of these programming languages: Swift, Python, C#, or C++
- You are experienced in developing interactive experiences.
- Expertise in producing high-end interactive concepts.
- You can rapidly prototype and have good intuition in making time vs. complexity tradeoffs.
- We are looking for candidates with an understanding of integration and combination of 3D content into compelling experiences.
Apple makes the newest technologies accessible to create amazing user experiences. You will have the opportunity to develop content at the cutting edge of technology to find the best experiences for our products. We partner with Apple's Human Interface design team to define the next generation of computing. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. You will be creating interactive prototypes using internal development tools and communicating learnings to engineering and design partner teams to realize the product vision. Technical Designers are encouraged to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Game Design or equivalent
- Familiarity with macOS and iOS application programming
- Experience working with 3D content and content creation tools like Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, etc.