Site Reliability Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s ETS Platform Services group is looking for an outstanding Software Engineer who will ensure the availability, performance, maintenance of a highly available, high-demand most meaningful enterprise platforms. Application relate to Infrastructure Platform (DevOps, Nginx), Integration Platforms (Messaging, data services, SOA), Communication Platforms (Business, Transactional Mail including phishing detection component) and Business Platforms (Delivery Quote, Centralize Inventory system). The position requires shown analytical understanding of distributed computing, consistency and availability concerns in geographically distributed data and performance tuning in such scenarios.
- Experience in engineering highly-scalable and distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Web Services, HTTP/HTTPS/WebDav Protocols.
- Knowledge of Data Security, SSL, Certificates, etc.
- Unix Performance Monitoring & Tuning
- Strong problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong programming expertise in Java/J2EE background with deeper knowledge on Spring frameworks such as spring-security, spring-mvc, spring-data, JPA & hibernate.
- Validated understanding of C/C++ is a plus
- Experience in performance tuning of the applications including JVM tuning, memory profiling.
- Strong knowledge on securing applications, detailed understanding of OWASP top 10 risks and solutions.
- Experience in developing high efficiency, high performance systems and global applications.
- Good understanding of Database concepts, PL/SQL and NoSql Technologies.
- Good fundamentals on Release Management & continuous Integration
- Experience with Splunk and BigData solution
- Teammate; able to work/coordinate with multiple teams
- 2+ years’ experience leading software engineer teams
- 5+ years of IT experience
Reviewing hardware, software infrastructure and application functionality for identifying and optimizing performance bottlenecks. Developing and maintaining application services and driving incident management. Working closely with Multi-functional IT organization, Business group, Apple's production support team, application engineers, systems engineers, database administrators and QA team to successfully ensure implementation and reliability of Platforms/Applications.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent is required.