AI/ML - Software Engineer, ML Platform & Technologies
Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Machine Learning and AI
As part of Apple's Machine Learning and AI team, we transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting user data. In the Machine Learning Platform & Technologies team, we have built the platform that Apple uses for developing machine learning, artificial intelligence, and computer vision applications.
- A passion for making simple, robust, and scalable platforms used by other engineering teams (Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience on delivering distributed systems and services in a production setting.
- Ability to present and communicate complex technical concepts clearly.
- Creative, collaborative, and product-focused with a track-record of optimizing developer experience across the stack.
As a senior software engineer on the ML Platform team you have the following responsibilities: - Own the architecture, design, development, and operations of large-scale systems designed for machine learning. These may include, but not limited to, data management systems, data engineering workflow systems, distributed compute systems, and their web portal & web service components. - Partner with data scientists and machine learning engineers across different Apple organizations to define high impact product features and deliver them with quality. In this role you are building the platform upon which other teams will develop data pipelines and machine learning applications. - Lead a group of engineers to deliver high quality products/services. - Be able to stay on top of state-of-the-art technologies and apply them in the job. During the process, support junior engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities. Our platform is built using a variety of systems and services, from bare metal to managed infrastructure services, and everything in between. We use existing systems when possible, but do not shy away from rolling components ourselves. We have a mix of technical backgrounds, from machine learning to building large-scale production systems. We exemplify a team of nerdy, pragmatic, proficient, product-focused engineers. Want to join us? We are looking for outstanding engineers with experience in building large-scale compute and data systems who want to use that hard won knowledge to build a scalable platform design for machine learning.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- The candidate ideally has one ore more of the following qualifications:
- - Hands-on experience with using cloud-native technologies on public clouds (e.g. Kubernetes, data systems).
- - Extensive knowledge in parallel data processing.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace