Engineering Manager - Search (Java & Services)
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re a diverse collection of problem solvers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help improve customer experience and become more efficient at our goals. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Appleʼs Applied Machine Learning Search team builds a unified search platform to power various search for many line of businesses. This team powers Search for apple.com (http://apple.com/), support.apple.com (http://support.apple.com/), apple store app and support app. This search impacts millions of customer in a day and handles many million search request a day. Our footprint is present in 100+ different countries in 40 different language and works on highly scalable information retrieval solutions.
- 2+ years experience managing engineering team
- 5+ years hands on experience in Java
- 2+ years hands on experience in MicroServices and Rest based Services.
- Strong Knowledge of Distributed System, data modeling, performance optimization and hands-on experience on either Hadoop or NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of Search Systems (Solr, Lucene) is a plus
- Strong experience in delivering user interfacing and business critical applications that are scaleable and highly available.
- Ability to review designs and code, provide actionable feedback, and the detail orientation to follow-up on all technical topics
- Ability to hire, mentor and manage the performance of a large team.
- Solid understanding of system architecture, deployment and CI/CD pipelines.
You are expected to be self-motivated, dedicated, and a solution-oriented individual. As a Leader, we seek your contributions in building, developing, and retaining a high-performing team of software engineers and create an environment where they can thrive and succeed. You act as a visible role model for your team when it comes to getting things done, meeting, and exceeding expectations. We look forward to your skills in relationship management and partnership are top-notch as this role requires working with management, developers, quality engineers, EPMs and SREs who take pride in building outstanding scalable solutions. While the primary role is leading/managing employees, you should have deep technical knowledge and don’t hesitate to roll up sleeves and code with the team. The main responsibilities for this position include: Leading effort to build large scale, distributed and highly available system and pipelines. Leading effort to build large scale and highly available REST Services and MicroServices Design and develop solution using Java tech stack. Work with cross functional teams to drive requirements. Design and implement as per secure guidelines
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience