Sr. DevOps Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Health team is looking for a hardworking Sr. DevOps Engineer with a background in large scale engineering support, that will play a pivotal role in securing and scaling our medical records platform.
- Programming and scripting fundamentals (with Python or Go)
- Confidence with designing and managing production Unix container ecosystems (Docker, EKS, Fargate/ECS, Kubernetes, service discovery, service registry)
- Consistent record of securely architecting and managing cloud platforms such as (AWS, GCE, Azure) using Infrastructure as Code techniques
- Specialist in designing and managing a predictive alerting platform using monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Cloudwatch, Splunk, NewRelic, or DataDog
- Ability to solve problems by working with team members to resolve large scale production issues. Technical skills in JVM application management, NoSQL, CDN technologies, network analysis tools, and distributed systems will be key to identifying production issues.
- Shepherd zero-downtime deployment process through continuous delivery practices, rapidly releasing features that provide insights to customers on their overall health, leading to healthier lives. - Partner with quality engineering, security, and development teams to craft solutions that puts patients at the center of care by empowering them to access and control their health records. - Developing self-service tools to enhance developer productivity for application management - Proactively analyze and manage issues on Apple’s medical records platform before they impact customers - Be a key player in improving operational maturity though producing long term fixes from issues identified from on-call rotation. - Collaborate on microservices systems architecture design.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and security practices (patch management, vulnerability management, enterprise key management).