Vision Tools Software Engineer - IOS Developer
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Software and Services
The Video Computer Vision org is a centralized applied research and engineering organization responsible for developing real-time on-device Computer Vision and Machine Perception technologies across Apple products. We balance research and product to deliver Apple quality, state-of-the-art experiences, innovating through the full stack, and partnering with HW, SW and ML teams to influence the sensor and silicon roadmap that brings our vision to life. Examples include FaceID, Animoji/Memoji, Scene Understanding, People Understanding and Positional Tracking (VIO/SLAM). This role is located right next to the mountains in at a new facility in Boulder, Colorado
- Experience with iOS or macOS development using Objective-C / Swift
- Familiarity or experience with C++ or Metal is nice to have
- Passionate – and holds strong opinions – on what it means to write great software
- Experience with computer vision, image processing, or machine learning systems is a plus, but not required
We work on tools, apps, and infrastructure in the area of computer vision that requires robust, efficient, well-tested, and clean solutions. You will develop software that has a broad impact for many algorithm and app teams in the augmented reality space. This is a wide-ranging role which can include: writing apps for technology demos; developing visualization code in support of various teams; communicating with and supporting cross-functional partners; participating in code reviews; and being a constant advocate within the team for high quality results.
Education & Experience
A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- If you are a Colorado resident, this applies to you.
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The Software Development Engineer starts at a minimum annual salary of $105,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.