Silicon Validation Software Engineer: Linux - USB
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior roles. As part of the silicon validation team, you will develop Linux device drivers and user-land applications/scripts for exercising and validating USB subsystem in complex Apple SoCs.
- Expertise in the area of Linux USB/USB4 drivers
- Strong debugging skills in kernel context and Linux user applications
- You are a skilled C programmer and good at scripting using bash/python
- Experience with using test equipment and USB protocol analyzer is a must
- Familiarity with ARM architecture
- Proven knowledge of Linux kernel internals (process scheduler, memory management, concurrency/synchronization, memory allocation, file systems)
- You will develop Linux software to validate the USB/USB4 IP in Apple Silicon - You will ensure interoperability of different vendor USB devices to work with Apple silicon - Get involved with debug of hardware issues, working closely with USB designers - Generate and execute validation plans for IP level and system level use cases
Education & Experience
BS / MS / Ph.D in EE or CS is required Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.