Product QA Technician
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for an experienced Product QA Technician to join our Services Product and Design studio. Ideal candidates have deep knowledge of Apple’s hardware and software products, technical problem-solving experience, and outstanding communication skills, to partner with cross-functional teams on upcoming product launches.
- 7+ years as a QA engineer or technical project manager working on digital media software and content.
- Deep knowledge of Apple’s ecosystem of media products and services.
- Experience configuring pre-release hardware and software for testing and demos.
- Shown ability to build and run test suites, file bugs and regressions, and communicate status.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Proven ability to influence at all levels, with outstanding oral and written communication.
- Availability to travel occasionally.
- Bonus points for international experience, production design skills, or UI/UX background.
As part of the Product Operations team, you’ll work across Apple’s suite of media products and services (including Apple Music, TV, Books, Podcasts, Maps and News), across our iOS, macOS and tvOS platforms. You’ll collaborate closely with Product, Design and Engineering teams, take product requirements documents, functional specs, and design comps, and test against editorial and content use cases. You’ll need to be comfortable working in QA and staging environments, ensuring new features, bug fixes, and enhancements do not negatively affect our current ecosystem or previous versions. You’ll then assess and communicate impact on cross-functional partners including Business, Editorial, Production, Localization and Marketing, to ensure the end product meets everyone’s expectations. You excel in translating the technical to a non-technical audience, and vice versa. While your primary focus will be on Product QA, you’ll also be tasked with providing technical setup and support for internal product demos, press briefings, or launch events. You will be able to configure and troubleshoot hardware, software, profiles and accounts, for a myriad of use cases, and at a moment’s notice. This role is cross-functional and multi-faceted, and you should be capable of changing pace without missing a beat. You’ll be just as comfortable building out a complex test plan or dissecting an automation script behind the scenes, as you are under the spotlight in high-pressure situations, ensuring a product demo is executed flawlessly. You’re also supremely process-driven, and can take the lead in organizing the team’s day-to-day priorities into efficient and sustainable workflows.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.