AOU Program Manager, Americas Systems Readiness
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you will accomplish. The Americas Systems Readiness Program Manager will be responsible for the execution of critical NPI tasks for priority customers and also leading internal and cross-functional projects, many of which have high-level visibility within Apple. Although defined as an Individual Contributor (IC) role, this individual must be able to assemble and drive project planning and execution by working with multiple cross functional teams within Apple Operations. The ideal candidate for this role will also be a career long high-achiever, and will likely come from a Supply Chain, Order Management, or Sales Operations background where they have had exposure to the larger Operations organization. This individual will not be satisfied with the status quo, and will always be in search of a better way to do things in their role and within the organization that they influence.
- Minimum 5-7 years direct Operations experience in a Project/Program management role.
- Exhibit exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. Interacts efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced deadline driven work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels in the organization, where no communication leaves ambiguity for the recipient.
- Ability to synthesize fragmented information quickly and effectively.
- Excellent forward-thinking capabilities. Must be able to see beyond the current state, identify risks/opportunities and drive project teams toward the desired program outcome.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership capabilities, and naturally be able to motivate a team of individual project contributors.
- Must have supply chain experience and detailed knowledge from a tangible product consumer goods background.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of and have a passion for understanding business processes across all areas within a typical Operations organization including: Master Data Management, Product Localization, Pricing, Supply/Demand Management, Supply/Demand Execution, Reseller Operations, Sales/Sales Operations, Logistics, Publishing.
- Approaches problems and projects systematically, and is energized by working in a fast paced and ever-changing environment. Must be able to transition from driving cross-functional teams to assembling key deliverables.
- Works effectively within a global business environment where engagement with global counterparts is required to standardize business practices and processes across regions.
- Highly adept at managing high volumes of information, determining what is applicable to the project/program, and knowing exactly when to drive change within the project team.
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Demonstrated background in Continuous Improvement and application in a program/project oriented role.
The Americas Systems Readiness Program Manager will drive and oversee new product introductions for all NPI Priority Orders. In this position, the candidate will work with Regional & Global Product Marketing and Readiness teams on forecast, order placement and delivery across all segments of priority orders (Seeds, VIPs, Sales Training, etc.). The candidate will require very strong leadership capabilities, capable of leading in both strategic and tactical situations, and adept in handling projects both vertically and laterally in the organization. The candidate must be capable of building positive relationships with business partners both within and outside of our organization, demonstrating unyielding ownership and accountability, and using these strengths to influence the direction of the business in the function they support.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or relevant field required. MBA or Advanced Degree preferred. PMP certification desired but not required