Software Engineer - React
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
The Manufacturing Design team enables the mass production of Apple's entire product line from iPhones, iPads and MacBooks to the Mac Pro, AppleTV and Apple Watch. Part of the magic that makes all of this possible is a robust set of applications and systems designed and developed by Apple that support the production of a product from prototype to announcement and beyond. We are looking for experienced Software Developer who is strong in React with an eye for visual design and focus on great user experience. This role requires skills similar to frontend web development, but you will apply those skills to factory systems that assist Apple in solving complicated operational issues quickly.
- 3+ years writing single page apps using React or similar framework.
- 2+ years working with design systems.
- UI/UX Design experience is plus.
- Experience interacting with robust HTTP API’s.
- A strong desire to produce high quality software through test driven development, code reviews, and other best practices.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Experience with SQL based database solutions (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite etc.).
- Experience deploying frontend services using docker & ansible is a plus.
- Manufacturing experience or exposure is a plus, but not required.
In this role you will have the opportunity to help Apple’s manufacturing team make the highest quality products in the most efficient ways possible which in effect helps reduce our carbon footprint and get products to customers faster. The day to day will look like the following: • Plan, develop and shape new features by collaborating with users, stakeholders and other team members. • Write application code in Go and Modern SQL with great attention to details, testing and documentation. • Review code and collaborate on pull requests from your team members. • Constantly learn and improve your own technical skills by reading code, documentation, running experiments and talking to your colleagues. • Optimize SQL queries running against large databases containing billions of rows using EXPLAIN ANALYZE, creating indexes and refactoring table structures. • Plan and deploy PostgreSQL Schema Migrations that can be executed with zero or minimal downtime. • Design and execute load tests to explore the breaking points and bottlenecks of our systems. • Use ops tools like Ansible and Docker to deploy and maintain backend services. • Support the troubleshooting, mitigation and fixing of production issues involving our Applications, Databases, Networks and Proxies using Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana, WireShark, eBPF and other Monitoring and Debugging tools.