Application Support Engineer - Apple Payments Platform
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Corporate Finance Systems Engineering is looking for an Application Support Engineer for a critical payments application. The Corporate Systems group at Apple focuses on creative ways to engineer business solutions to meet growing needs of Apple’s Finance, Apple Pay, iTunes, Sales, Retail, and IT Service organizations. At core, our portfolio comprises of engineered custom solutions to process very high-volume micro-transactions from Apple Pay, iTunes Downloads, App Store, iPhone Activations, sales from Retail, Online, and Resellers, etc. These solutions are based on cutting edge enterprise technologies ranging from Server Side Java, Web Technologies, Search Platforms, Cloud Technology, Oracle and NoSQL Databases. Accurately processing such high volume transactions is our core strength.
- 2+ years of experience in Application Support Engineering.
- 3+ years of Software Development experience
- Application and database engineering for scale
- Application support practices and procedures for critical platforms
- Application monitoring and profiling tools
- Managing applications on cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Containers, build and release tools and deployment strategies
- Familiarity with Docker is highly desired
- Large scale database clusters integration
- Familiarity with messaging platforms
- Prior experience on cloud migration is a huge plus
- Fundamental knowledge in Java
- Scripting languages such as Bash and Python
- Familiarity with search platforms
In this role, you will be a part of Technical Operations, Application Engineering for Cloud, Infrastructure Strategy, Tier 2 support and Release management for a payments platform. The role requires candidate to embrace a complex software product architecture to support a continuous stream of payments data to ensure accurate invoicing, disbursements, receipts and payments. This role is responsible for infrastructure design and scalability to support the platform and for the related product development. The role will take actively monitor production health of the platform including tickets, operational retrospect’s and definition/management of necessary controls. As business evolves, this role will identify utilities that can assist in operations and execute the product development for it. Monitoring, alerting, profiling tools, fault tolerance etc will be a charter for this role. The platform is a part of very fast paced initiates from a range of business units. Good communication, building business relationships and thriving in fast pace are necessary for this role.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or Equivalent