Engineering Program Manager, Display (Boulder, CO or Santa Clara Valley)
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Our team is looking for top tier Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to join the Display Engineering team. EPMs must be strong organizers and excellent leaders cross-functionally with a number of teams throughout Apple as well as with external suppliers. A successful candidate will help set strategy, execute on schedule and be responsible for managing/communicating status and issues along the way. This position demands technical strengths in many areas, including mechanical, chemical, materials science, optics, and manufacturing. You will be working with some of the smartest and most hardworking people in the field, and will be contributing to exciting new products that will touch lives of millions and enrich your career with invaluable experience.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- High energy, multi-tasker, inventive problem solver, ability to work under pressure, able to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong presentation and communication skills required
- Technical background in unit process development/process integration with knowledge of optical system/display design and processes
- Experience in consumer/portable products
- Working understanding of high volume manufacturing
- Experience managing domestic and international vendors
Define project plans and schedules. Drive project execution. Lead internal and external cross-functional teams in engineering and validation activities Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication Strong presentation and interpersonal skills required Understand and communicate complex, technical/engineering issues Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently Manage development budgets and engineering builds
Education & Experience
Graduate degree in related engineering fields, e.g. ME, ChemE, EE, Material Science & Engineering, Optics/Optical Science Engineering
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Engineering Program Manager starts at a minimum $134,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.