Media Video Engineer (Video Quality)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine the impact you can make. A billion users will use the technologies you helped craft almost daily. At Apple, you will have the opportunity to work on products that are always leaders in the industry and occasionally, change the world! The IMG Media Quality Team at Apple is responsible for crafting the image/video core technologies used in almost all Apple products and services. Our team is searching for a highly skilled and innovative engineer who will play a key role in driving image & video quality. You will work closely with multi-functional teams who are passionate about developing video technologies.
- Experience in video systems and related technologies
- Knowledgable in emerging HDR video format technologies and display technologies and capabilities (contrast, brightness). Understanding of WCG and other color technologies is a strong plus.
- Software development experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Objective C, Matlab, scripting in Python, Bash or Make
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You have an ability to stay focused and prioritize your workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
Our products have a considerable complexity and rich feature set that push our hardware and software to the edge. We are looking for a great teammate who is dedicated to understanding, building, and enabling cutting-edge video technologies. This role requires an understanding of different video components and their impact on image and video quality, to drive better user experience. In this role you'll be a critical part of a fast-paced, collaborative team and who thrive in a high energy, time-constrained, multitasking environment to significantly impact our image/video quality.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/EE or equivalent
- Nice to have, but not required:
- Knowledge and experience in HDR, such as Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG-HDR
- Knowledge of video compression standards, video quality metrics, common video tools and video frameworks
- Proficient in Linux/Darwin command line environments
- iOS/macOS development experience
- Experience conducting or participating in Subjective Quality user studies