Boulder, Colorado, United States
Apple is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Engineering Technician to join Panel Process and Optics (PPO) Engineering team.
- Proven hands-on experience in setting up, running, maintaining and troubleshooting processes utilizing high precision manufacturing equipment including, but not limited to, glass cleaning/coating, lamination, optical bonding, separation/sealing, inspection and test
- Reliable and accurate data collection and tracking as required by experimental design
- Uses test systems measuring performance of prototype assemblies to verify they conform to tolerances and product specifications
- Assists in defining and performing rework of prototype assemblies as required, to meet expected performance targets
- Supports Process Engineering in defining new process techniques, qualifying new equipment in support of process and test methods and qualifying new materials used in prototype assemblies
- Supports Assembly/Test team in multiple proof-of-concept builds testing various configurations of prototype assemblies
- Ability to work with, redline and execute engineering change orders on engineering drawings and standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Attentive to detail, with proven ability to help tackle technical problems, execute experiments and assist in writing engineering reports
- Experience in identifying visual defects, creating defect catalogs and assisting in the performance of failure analysis
- Experience with various metrology equipment such as interferometers, collimators, refractometers, etc.
- Experience with Keynote/Numbers or Excel/Pages or Word
- Flexible and collaborative, willing to work in fast paced product and technology development prototype assembly line
Successful candidate will be responsible for working with our Process Engineering team supporting optical module assembly and test steps on our prototype assembly line. Responsibilities will span multiple process cells and metrology steps. This role will assist the Process Engineers supporting prototype line activities and conducting experiments evaluating innovative process technologies. We encourage a self-directed work team and require everyone to be highly self-motivated. A successful candidate needs to be flexible, receptive to ideas from others, team oriented, and willing to work with technologists, engineers and others for continuing to push the technology envelope. Expect this work to include collaborating with multi-functional teams responsible for crafting and producing exciting new optical technologies.
Education & Experience
Candidates are encouraged to have relevant industrial experience. AS in mechanical, electronics, or engineering or technical certifications are a plus.
- Preferred Qualifications
- - Experienced in working in a cleanroom environment (Class 100 and Class 1000)
- - Experience in materials metrology such as rheometers, viscometers, tensile/compression testers, etc.
- - Experience working with backend semiconductor/display manufacturing equipment
- - Experience with statistical process control techniques, and utilization of statistical packages such as JMP or Minitab
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Engineering Technician starts at a minimum annual salary of $36,100. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.