Software Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We here on iCloud team are looking for a server engineer with a passion for web services development. The successful candidate has proven experience in building high- performing systems that are scalable and extensible. You will be collaborating with engineering teams throughout Apple to define and build the web service and storage platforms that power iCloud. This is a terrific opportunity for an engineer interested in developing the next generation of cloud support for iOS and OS X.
- Minimum 5 years experience designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable applications and web services in Java.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience with architecture and design of cloud-scale distributed systems.
- Solid understanding of real-time and multi-thread programming concepts.
- Must be able to design, develop and deploy large scale applications using cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team on high profile, critical projects.
This is a hands-on role for developing and supporting new and existing features. This role requires working closely with cross-functional teams to effectively coordinate the complex interdependencies inherent in this role. Our team is looking for hardworking and passionate engineers who wants to make a difference in the products they develop. If you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.