Wireless SoC Design Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for leading a wireless SoC design engineering organization to specify and develop state-of-the-art wireless silicon for application in Apple’s products.
- At least 10 years of industry experience in wireless SoC design engineering.
- At least 5 years of engineering management experience, including prior leadership of wireless SoC design team(s) with a strong high-volume production track record…
- Extensive technical background in one or more of the following:
- Strong digital design fundamentals, including knowledge of digital design flows such as RTL simulation, synthesis, front-end timing constraints, STA, LEC, UPF, low-power design flows, etc…
- Familiarity with digital design techniques, including signal processing datapath, flow control, arbitration, FIFO, ARM CPU architecture, AXI / AHB bus architecture & protocols, serial interface design concepts (PCI-E, QSPI, I2C, etc…), FIFO, DMA, embedded memory (SRAM, OTP, etc…), and others.
- Understanding of ASIC test methodologies, including DFT, scan insertion, memory BIST, and others.
- In depth knowledge of how to drive the power down through all aspects of development, including chip architecture, micro-architecture, RTL design, and physical design.
- Understanding of ASIC low power design techniques, e.g. multiple supply domains configuration and management, dynamic power/clock scaling, power analysis, UPF, VCLP.
- Familiarity with full chip power estimation (vector-less and vector-based), modeling, profiling, and post silicon power correlation.
- Experience with digital calibration methods for high-performance wireless systems (including for zero-IF transceivers, I/Q imbalance, LO feedthrough, digital pre-distortion or others) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of wireless standards, such as IEEE 802.11, 802.15, Bluetooth or 3GPP is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, including experience managing design teams.
- Excellent communications skills – both written and oral.
- Experience with executive communication is a plus.
Leadership of the Wireless SoC Design Engineering team responsible for development and delivery of new wireless silicon for future Apple products. Manage the digital design team, taking full responsibility for all aspects of digital design methodology, design planning and execution and communication with senior management. Develop innovative SoC architectures, specifications and designs delivering best-in-class performance and power efficiency for custom wireless silicon solutions in advanced-node silicon technologies. Develop and integrate PHY, MAC, processor, fabric and I/O subsystems, together with integration of all RF / Analog IP. Work with internal RF / Analog IP design teams to integrate custom designs for radio, high-speed interface and other analog mixed-signal and RF subsystems. Work with physical design, DFT, Power and CAD teams to complete and deliver completed silicon designs to the Foundry for production. Drive pre-silicon prototyping / emulation efforts in support of pre-silicon verification, prototyping, and SW / FW development. Support post-silicon validation, system integration and debug efforts and attend to any required silicon design revisions. Support the delivery of new wireless technologies through mass production.
Education & Experience
MSEE or PH.D. in Electrical Engineering