AI/ML - Data Quality Manager, Siri Data
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to play a critical part in the next revolution of human-computer interaction? Would you like to contribute to the advancement of a product that is globally redefining how humans use voice to interact with technology? The Siri Data organization seeks to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. The Data Quality team plays a critical role in ensuring that high quality, trust worthy data is produced and delivered to a variety of consumers like data engineers, data analysts, data scientists and machine learning engineers. We’re looking for an exceptional engineering leader who is passionate about our product and values; who loves working with data at scale; and who is committed to driving continuous improvement. Your team will define data quality rules and metrics, build tools to provide insights into data quality issues, prioritize and drive the correctness of data with data producers, monitor quality of production data and define SLOs. Joining a team that is at its inception, you will have the opportunity to build your own hand-picked high-performance team. You will make key contributions to hiring new engineers, building and driving data quality processes and expand scope and influence of this team to the entire Siri organization.
- You have 6+ years of industry experience working with logging solutions with a focus on improving data quality.
- You understand the variety of data consumption patterns like experimentation, exploratory research, analytics and machine learning.
- You are curious: always learning new technologies, rapidly synthesizing new information, and understanding “the why” before “the what.”
- You lead by sharing context and setting vision versus micromanagement.
- You are self-directed and capable of operating amidst ambiguity.
- You are poised and display excellent judgment in prioritizing across difficult tradeoffs.
- You have an eye for talent and excel at mentoring and developing people.
In a typical week, you will be focusing on ... - Identifying talented engineers, hiring & coaching them, and leading them to innovative multi-functional solutions. - Partner with and influence the data producers to use tooling to ensure correct logging; including important product flow logging into automation to prevent regressions. - Leading your team to improve data quality from the source through data processing of core data sets, that will be used across Siri organization. - Coaching your team towards development of consistent and impactful metrics for overall data health. - Coordinate and consolidate Root Cause Analysis across cross functional projects.
Education & Experience
Surprise us! Many will have an MS or BS in CS, Engineering, Math, or a related field or equivalent practical experience in data engineering.