Senior Wireless Platform Architect (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Are you ready to be part of a team redefining wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. In this role, you will be a key member of our system engineering team in Munich, defining and working on future wireless systems within our platform architecture team. We are looking for a passionate professional who has been working on multiple cellular systems to drive the future of wireless technology with a focus on groundbreaking designs and upcoming standards.
- Cellular and wireless system understanding including user equipment and core network is required.
- Expertise in 5G, LTE, physical layer, radio resource management.
- Experience in Wireless signal processing, machine learning applied to wireless networks.
- Link and system simulations, coding in Python, C++, and Matlab.
- Consistent record in specifying, implementing, and productizing wireless systems.
- Leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams by technical expertise.
- Ability to present sophisticated technical topics to a multi-level audience.
Analyze and define wireless system requirements for 5G and beyond (6G) and create intellectual property. Set and track end-to-end wireless platform critical metric targets, system-wide and from an end-user perspective, including modem performance and energy consumption. Contribute to related system simulators and technology demonstrators. Lead cross-functional engineering teams by technical expertise. Identify and drive innovation for wireless platform architectures with focus on the balanced optimization of modem critical metrics and end-user experience.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree with 10+ years of working experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Please contact us to request accommodation.