Automation Lab Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, to Apple TV, iTunes, and Mac OS X, as well as Apple’s professional and consumer applications from Final Cut Pro to iLife and iWork. IMG drives Apple’s media experiences with core technologies such as Metal, OpenGL, OpenCL, Core Audio, Core Media, Core Video, Core Animation, and more.
- Expertise configuring and troubleshooting desktop and/or mobile systems
- Experience with Mac OS X and iOS
- Proven understanding of Linux/UNIX systems and internals, command-line tools for debugging, analysis, and automation
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Python, perl, Bash, shell
- NAS appliance administration experience
IMG is looking for an Automation Lab Manager with proven communication and interpersonal skills to lead administration of our automated test labs. Day-to-day responsibilities will include supporting the configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of servers and test-machines used to power automated testing. We're looking for candidates that will automate these processes rather than do them twice. This is an unusual opportunity to join a growing team and deeply influence the quality of Apple's products. You will be part of a small, hardworking and motivated team that operates like a startup within Apple. In this role you will configure, maintain and supervise a fleet of physical machines powering our CI/automated testing environment. The ideal candidate will be innovative, organized, a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, and have a keen attention to detail. If you would describe yourself as creative, you’re likely to be a good fit.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Nice to have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly
- Excellent teamwork/problem solving skills and a positive attitude