Health Sensing HW - Electrical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Sensing team conceives, designs, develops, and launches innovative and exciting health sensing technologies for Apple’s future products, while expanding an impactful new domain for the company. The people on the team don’t just build products. They deliver inspiring technology and information to users on the most critical area of their lives - their health. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here, not to mention letters of how these features helped improve or save people’s lives. Imagine what you could do here! The position will be responsible for hardware design and development for health features, such as ECG, in the Apple Watch. The role’s responsibilities will encompass circuit design, failure analysis, manufacturing support and laboratory work, along with crafting well-documented specifications, rationale, and test limits.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in electrical or system hardware engineering.
- Strong electrical engineering background on analog, mixed signal and failure analysis with mass production experience.
- Proficiency in SPICE, Matlab, Python, LabView or similar scripting and simulation tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of system and firmware development is a huge plus.
- Experience in material science and material engineering is a plus.
- Experience in working overseas manufacturers and vendors is a plus.
- Conduct board level circuit and system design for health sensing products in the entire lifecycle of a new product, from initial design and functional specification of new hardware features and overall architecture design all the way to support and validation of these features (35%); - Review schematics, layout and other design collateral. Develop analysis tools for hardware performance, perform complex system level tests, enhance and resolve issues in existing products, and perform unit testing and end-to-end testing (25%); - Drive the development of component and module vendors tester/automation equipment. Author evaluation plans, Engineering Requirements Specification (ERS), and aid in bring-up to deliver scalable solution to support Apple mass production in a high quality way (25%); - Collaborate with hardware, system, operations, and test engineers to deliver the best user experience to the user. Author technical documentation (15%); - Up to 15% travel required.
Education & Experience
M.S. degree in electrical engineering, physics, or related field, or industry experience equivalent.