NPI Operation Program Manager
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple we don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In NPI OPM team, you are the primary operations interface to the core engineering product development teams and other cross functional organizations within Apple and the external contract manufacturers. You will support the new product ramp to deliver products in the fastest time with the highest product quality to the market.
- Experience in manufacturing, process engineering or product development;
- Results oriented and attention to detail, highly energetic, proactive, hands on and organized;
- Work in a highly dynamic, fast faced and ambiguous environment;
- Strong communications skills, commands good executive presence;
- Ability to facilitate difficult issues and drive cross functional teams for closures.
Provide assistance to new product ramp, from initial design validation to mass production phase; Work with Cupertino NPI team to support ramp readiness with engineering, operations and contract manufacturers, focus in overall capacity planning, manufacturing process scalability and overall bring up plan of multiple factory sites that includes factory space, labor hiring, training and production lines qualifications; Support Engineering and Cupertino NPI teams in executing design development builds in Asia; Coordinate all operations related communications through the organization, escalate key issues and present solutions and risk mitigations to cross functional executive teams; Drive Engineering, Operations and Contract Manufacturers on design for manufacturing to enable continued volume growth at the best product quality; Support critical mechanical tooling fixture validation builds when design is mature, from the last phase of design development through initial mass production.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree in Mechanical, EE, Wireless Engineering, Industrial Engineering. Master/MBA is preferred; 5 years of overall industry experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.