Software Development Engineer in Test - Server/Backend
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Want to help make a deep impact on the lives of hundreds of millions of people all over the world? Are you passionate about shipping quality code? Come join a team of enthusiastic, hard working, diverse and highly-talented people developing life changing software! The Health Software team is looking for an experienced Software Quality Engineer who is proactive, detail oriented, and can multi-task effectively. You will be a member of the Health Software team building tools to help increase developer productivity and software quality with the additional benefit of learning about the health industry, product development at Apple, and more.
- Solid Java or comparable programming experience
- Experience in API functional testing, API test development, execution of automated tests and bug reporting
- Good understanding of development lifecycles, testing methodologies, and QA processes
- Experienced in developing test plans, building tools and test frameworks
- Good debugging skills to identify software issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate technical problems to software teams and management
- Passionate and inquisitive, seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
As a Software Quality Engineer you will be responsible for the design and development of a wide range of tools and applications including command-line interfaces, CI systems, and web applications. You will help create and get consensus on project plans and concepts, and then develop detailed and methodical test plans. You will also be responsible for integrating your suite of apps and services together to help facilitate engineering, testing, and reporting for the Software Engineering and QA teams in the Health organization.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- -Familiarity with cloud and continuous integration systems a plus
- -2+ years in a quality focused engineering role.