Sr Metrology Engineer- Touch
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple designs consumer electronics that have touched millions and changed the way people interact with electronic devices around the world. Our organization - Instrumentation R&D - plays a key role in keeping up the quality standards at Apple and making sure that our customers are happy with the quality and experience of the hardware that they use. Our group is looking for an engineer that will directly responsible for definition, design/ development and implementation of instrumentation systems which carry out calibration & performance validation of Touch systems. You will be in charge of developing SW that integrates customized and sophisticated instrumentation solutions to verify the performance of Apple devices on some exciting new technologies.
- Key Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience in embedded system development.
- Solid programming experience in C, or C++. Objective C desired
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting of embedded systems
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Analytical skills to process volume data using tools like Excel / Matlab / JMP.
- Experience in interpreting schematics, and in debugging hardware using test equipment such as oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers, and interfaces such as JTAG, SPI, I2C.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; clear communication with diverse teams.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Asia is required.
- Preferred skills:
- You should have relevant software background, with excellent technical communication skills. Prior knowledge of EE fundamentals, the functionality of sensors, and exposure to automation and motion control would be an advantage. Familiarity with standard hardware protocols (USB, SPI, and I2C) and Objective-C preferred.
We are currently seeking an individual with strong software skills, with a strong command of C/C++ or any object oriented language, with a willingness to learn Objective-C. You will work with a team of amazing engineers to develop and deploy mass-production friendly solutions for Apple products. These solutions include stations with scientific instrumentation, software, and algorithms used to calibrate and test Apple products. Starting from the first prototyping phase towards the final engineering validation phase of the product, work with industry talent and multi-functional colleagues to define test coverage, develop calibration algorithms and specifications, before packaging and handing over the validated solution to the operations team for mass-production.
Education & Experience
ducation BS CS/CE/EE/Physics + 5 years experience.