Legal Intern: Summer 2021
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property by providing legal support for all our products and businesses globally. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law.
- - First year law student at an ABA accredited institution
- - Excellent analytical and communication skills
- - Passion for Apple products and services
- - Ability to multi-task and deal with quickly shifting priorities
- - Ability to work dedicatedly with varying levels of supervision
- - Additional qualifications may exist with each specific team
- ** Please attach your Resume, Cover Letter (Stating which group you are most interested in being considered for, and unofficial transcripts)
APPLE HAS LEGAL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN THE FOLLOWING TEAMS: Please specify in your Cover Letter which group(s) you are most interested In. - Employment Law -Commercial Law - Privacy & Law Enforcement Compliance - Corporate Law - Real Estate & Development SOME RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE: - Working with attorneys and paralegals, as well as our outside advisers around the world, on domestic and international legal matters covering corporate law, governance, shareholder engagement, international expansion, financing, SEC compliance, compensation and benefits, risk management, banking, credit, and insolvency - Working with Apple business groups to understand and find efficient, practical solutions to their legal requirements - Preparing legal memoranda and presentations on groundbreaking IP issues - Collaborating with Apple’s team of in-house attorneys, outside counsel, business and engineering groups - Working with the attorneys on a variety of issues, including procurement, joint development agreements, Licensing and regulatory clearance - Assisting with ad-hoc projects by researching legal issues and regulatory developments and preparing summaries of research
Education & Experience
1L at an ABA accredited institution
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines applicable in your area.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Reasonable Accommodation and Drug Free Workplace policy Learn more