Software QA Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to make an impact on the quality of future Mac products? At Apple, quality is in everything we do. As the Mac Systems Quality Games/Web QA Manager you will be leading a team of quality-focused engineers responsible for upholding that standard. You will work cross-functionally to identify and highlight key issues in a dynamic environment, facing exciting new challenges daily. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, patience, and a real passion for product usability. The MSQ Games/Web QA team ensures quality for Mac projects by focusing on two areas: system-level manual testing of apps and web content, and app automation. Our Graybox Test Engineers test to objective metrics with customer experience in mind and our Automation Development Engineers build automated tests for iterative or long-term measurements of quality. We use creativity and innovation to build experiences that our users will love! Come join our team!
- Customer focused: You are passionate about the customer experience and how we can improve it.
- Great teammate: Excellent internal and cross-functional communication and influencing skills.
- Priority driven: Comfortable working in a continually changing fast paced environment and driving top issues to resolution.
- Technically agile: Ready to deep dive into technical areas when needed but also discuss these topics to a non-technical audience.
- Executive presence: Ability to summarize key points and tie them back to product quality.
- Leading others: A history of leading cross-functional teams to ensure successful programs.
- Graphics and Web Technologies experience: Understanding of geometry, 3D graphics, physics, engines, and/or web technologies
- Bring technical depth to help solve challenging and novel problems and enable quantitative measurements of quality. - Deliver clear reports to partners and executives as products under test move through each development phase. - Take ownership of issues and drive them to resolution. - Balance priorities between short term results and long term infrastructure improvements. - Continuously improve tests and processes with a drive towards innovation and automation. - Contribute to project leadership for Mac program.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience in a related discipline.