Mac PD Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The PD Engineering Program / Project Manager is responsible for the technical management and support of engineering development projects within Apple’s Mac Product Design division. This Project Manager will have a proven track record of enabling large cross-functional teams to deliver complex systems quickly and with high quality. The ideal candidate will understand the who, what and how of hardware and software system development, orchestrate all of it into a program plan and schedule, then successfully manage execution of the program plan.
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills with ability to inspire team members
- Ability to rapidly understand new technologies
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and manage complex design tradeoffs
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Knowledge of product development and manufacturing processes
- Experience interfacing with Operations, Mechanical Engineering/Design and Marketing
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- At least 2 - 4+ years combined experience in project management; mechanical engineering; consumer electronics preferred
- Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives. Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process. Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action. Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful projects.
Create and maintain project schedules Identify cross functional design dependancies and risks. Collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations manager, marketing managers and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals. Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors. Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management. Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making.
Education & Experience
BS ME/CE degree required, MS desired