Graphics Application Engineer, Video Apps
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications group develops high-profile media creation applications used by millions of people. iMovie, Clips, Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor are state-of-the-art media authoring tools which consumers and creative professionals rely on for everything from broadcast news and feature films to documentaries and home movies. Our user base is passionate and loyal, and our products sit at the center of a rich ecosystem in a vibrant industry. The Video Applications team is seeking a motivated and highly competent graphics engineer with a deep commitment to create powerful yet easy to use content creation applications. Do you have experience in real-time video, multi-threaded media creation applications that interface deeply with complex levels of the OS and hardware? Then we want to hear from you! In this role not only will you develop and maintain key product features you will also have the opportunity to refine and innovate motion graphics and video creation software while implementing intuitive and powerful interfaces to image processing & computer vision algorithms.
- Strong programming skills in object oriented programming languages (C++, Objective-C, or Swift)
- Expertise in graphics, image and video processing and/or 3D graphics
- Experience developing in Metal, OpenGL, or OpenGL ES
- Successful history of developing creative and easy to use UI
- Demonstrated experience architecting, developing and debugging large-scale multithreaded applications
- Experience working as part of a professional software development team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Self-driven and thrives when facing open-ended tasks
This is an extraordinary opportunity to make key contributions to some of Apple’s flagship applications that reach millions of users. In this role you will help design and maintain features that are mission critical for multiple products, and you will feel inspired to find creative solutions to technically challenging problems. Come join us and help solve complex technical problems while balancing short-term & long-term objectives and communicating technical solutions across all levels of the organization. We promote innovation to improve our product performance and stay deeply focused on delighting our users.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science and 2+ years of applicable experience or equivalent.
- Experience developing real-time video applications.
- Solid knowledge and experience with either Computer Vision or Machine Learning techniques.
- macOS and/or iOS development experience.