Senior Product Marketing Manager - Siri
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! We believe in the power of combining product management and product marketing together - that the best person to communicate why a product is meaningful to consumers and developers is the same person that helped drive its creation. As the Senior Product Marketing Manager for Siri, you will be involved in inbound product management and outbound marketing for Siri. This will include the creation, development and launch of new features as well as supporting the introduction of new hardware products. You’ll apply your judgment and customer insights to help infuse ideas for groundbreaking features into our product-development process. In doing so, you’ll collaborate with a wide range of teams including Human Interface Design, Engineering, PR, Legal, Finance, Government Affairs and Marketing Communications. In this role, you will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to effectively mobilize cross-functional teams to accomplish a common goal. We are seeking candidates who thrive in dynamic environments and have a natural instinct to collaborate with others.
- 8+ years Product Management experience. Experience with consumer software products, technologies or services is strongly preferred
- Requires best-in-class oral and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated success as a product spokesperson on a national or global level
- Experience and ability to synthesize technologies into product communication for broad audience including customers, media, analysts, and leading industry specialists
- Technical track record working closely with engineering/technical teams from an inbound product management perspective including during early research and development
- Experience with press and media
- A self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities
- You are skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence; translating between business owners and technical teams
- You are results-oriented, driven, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed
As Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will be deeply involved in the definition of the Siri roadmap, development and launch of future features. You will play an instrumental role on the team that includes writing product and marketing requirements, collaborating with engineering to investigate new technologies, and being the voice of the market to design and engineering during the development phase. Leading up to the launch of new features, you will craft product messaging, guide marketing communications on the creation of launch materials, and act as a product spokesperson in press briefings and public events. On an ongoing basis you will drive a growth strategy to delight users and drive habitual usage of Siri. Your work will include features and technologies that support iPhone, iPad, CarPlay, Apple Watch, Apple TV, HomePod, AirPods and Mac and you will think critically about how they apply to each product to best fit the needs of the user. You will collaborate with a global cross-functional team including design, engineering, developer relations, public relations and marketing communications through the complete product development cycle. This role requires an understanding of intelligent voice assistants, machine learning and emerging industry trends. You are comfortable with complex and ambiguous problems and situations, and adept at identifying a project’s risks. You love using your creative and critical thinking to craft solutions for resolving them quickly. Working with multiple internal and external partners, you are adept at quickly gaining their respect and support, and consistently demonstrate extraordinary product expertise, attention to detail, objectivity, and accountability.
Education & Experience
BS degree preferred, MS/MBA preferred.