Supplier Quality Development Engineer - Packaging
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Strong IC packaging skills required, knowledge of assembly process and materials used.
- Understanding of SPC and other quality metrics used to monitor factory performance
- Strong understanding of Reliability testing
- Versed in DOE creation and JMP analysis to mitigate assembly risks.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to work with design, development, operation, quality teams and other subject areas as necessary to complete projects
- Ability to take advanced packages from concept to high volume manufacturing.
- Experience in mmWave and antenna package architecture a plus.
- Strong background of semiconductor packaging is a must
- Deep understanding and hands on experience of factory manufacturing process control and quality systems
- Self-motivated, good communicator and ability to lead.
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience in product engineering and process engineering
The Apple Operation team is looking for a motivated, highly-technical Supplier Quality Development Engineer (SQDE) focusing on product and process development with excellent problem solving and communication skills. This supplier-based engineer is a leader that will drive process and quality improvement during NPI, ramp up and mass production for key substrate packaging technologies. The successful candidate will work with the module integration suppliers, sub-component vendors and the system integration sites. They will interface regularly with the Engineering and Quality team. Responsibilities: • Knowledge and insight to deliver high density / high performance modules in various form factor with thermo-mechanical, reliability, and cost constraints • RF Module Package development for future modules including writing design rule, process bring up and advanced processing to improve RF transmission lines • Drive Quality readiness at vendor factories for development builds and mass production • Resolve process and quality issues in the product and manufacturing processes • Data analysis and failure analysis reviews to identify gaps in component design, package and test. • Work with vendors and OEM’s to ensure they comply to all Apple specs. • Ensure qualification and reliability activities at suppliers are in line with requirements. • Routine status reporting to executives and issue escalation when needed. • Strong contact with supplier engineering and quality teams. • Close coordination with component design and reliability teams
Education & Experience
MS/BS in Electrical engineering or Mechanical engineering