Product Systems QA Engineer - ATC
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position is offered in Apple's Product Systems QA department within Product Integrity organization. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- BSEE/CS or relevant experience
- 5+ years QA experience
- Experience testing computer accessories (USB, Thunderbolt devices)
- Experience working with multi-functional teams to build up test environment and identify tests
- Generate and execute validation plans for IP level and system level use cases
- A proven track record demonstrating the ability to drive to milestones and goals
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, with native fluency in Mandarin-Chinese and proficiency in English.
In this role, you will ensure interoperability of different vendor USB devices to work with Apple silicon. Additionally, you are responsible for analyzing and reporting test results, and working with engineering teams, program managers, and other QA teams to identify risk areas and characterize defects that rarely reproduce. Lastly, you are hands on, managing defect tracking, publishing test plans, reporting, and managing test case execution by the test team. We may expect you to have excellent interpersonal skills in both English and Mandarin. You may have a strong background in Quality Assurance.
Education & Experience
- BS CS/CE or equivalent
- Experience using test equipment and USB protocol analyzers
- Knowledge of Linux kernel
- Experience developing resource plans
- Sustaining engineering experience