AI/ML - Creative Producer for Voice, Siri Understanding
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Join the team that crafts memorable characters who talk to millions of users a day as the voices of Siri. Using groundbreaking technology in spoken language, user interfaces, and artificial intelligence, you can help shape the next evolution of human-computer interaction. Apple’s Text-To-Speech Production Studio is a diverse and hardworking team looking for an especially skilled and creative Voice Producer eager to improve the customer experience of interacting with computer systems and devices.
- 5+ years of experience directing and/or producing audio and video used in commercial products or applications
- Familiarity with budgeting, line producing, and hiring crew for full-scale productions.
- Experience with casting, directing, and managing relationships with talent.
- Previous relationships with production and post-production houses, in California or around the world
- Ability to travel both within and outside of the US, possibly multiple times a year
- Knowledge of phonetics/linguistics, an understanding of standard phonetic alphabets
- Native fluency‚ and ability to work in an English speaking environment
- Native familiarity with current popular culture, vernacular, and media.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and concepts including sprints, stories, effort estimation, and retrospectives
- Solid understanding of issue-tracking systems such as Jira and tag-based markup including XML
- Good knowledge of Unix command line and execution of Python scripts
- Strong understanding of distributed version control systems, specifically Git and team workflows including feature branches; crafting, reviewing, and merging pull requests; and managing repositories
Apple's text-to-speech voices are known for their high audio quality and distinctive personalities. The Voice Producer's main responsibility is to ensure that these standards are defined, met, and maintained from the beginning of the development process through to software release and then on an ongoing basis as continuous updates and improvements are made. Specific responsibilities will include: - Casting and hiring of support personnel including talent coaches and script supervisors - Overseeing voice productions to ensure quality standards and character brief are met at all stages of production - Learning and using proprietary tools to track production progress including script completion and alignment to schedules - Working with script department to ensure that scripts meet quality standards and character brief - Prepare Git pull requests and perform reviews and merges for scripts and script-related assets - Presenting and coordinating with all partners including writers, translators, build engineers, language engineers, QA and QE engineers, and Product Marketing - Performing semi-annual Competitive Analysis and providing experienced opinion on product quality - Learning and using proprietary tools to validate dialogue translations and make corrections where vital. - Working with writers and translators to ensure dialogue meets quality standards and character brief. - Learning and using proprietary tools to verify and correct pronunciations - Working with language engineers and linguists to improve voice builds on an ongoing basis, including pronunciations, prosody, and character Engineering Natural Language Processing and Speech components specific to your language.
Education & Experience
M.A. in Media Production, Linguistics or related field; or equivalent experience